See ‘ABOUT‘ just above for info on platform for blog, cost, quoting from this blog, how to do your own backups, and a lot of other stuff.
Most Read Posts
How To Reduce Your Chances of a Heart Attack
What To Do About A Diagnosis of Herpes
The healthiest meals
If you are vegetarian and even if you aren’t
Impatient Cooking with some tips, comments but no recipes
Now to today’s post:
I misunderstood my sister who told me that she had just been diagnosed with MRSA, the bacteria which is generally resistant to most antibiotics, and places most people diagnosed with it under tremendous stress. It turns out that she had a rather normal UTI infection. But I had done an initial part of this information to help her, and then didn’t know what to do with it. Since most of it is also relevant and helpful for most bacterial infections including MRSA, I decided to continue working on it.
This post may be reproduced and republished in its entirety including this statement (between the upper and bottom lines) without further permission. Copyright (c) May 4, 2011 http://tsingle.info/blog
A tsingle.info special report on MRSA
NATURAL APPROACHES TO MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) Aside from MRSA, much of this information may be beneficial in general for the maximum health of the body, and for most urinary tract infections, among many other conditions.
Disclaimer: I have a PhD in the humanities and am not trained in medicine nor do I have a license to practice or prescribe. Furthermore, I can not vouch for, on the basis of experiment or long term observation, any of the following suggestions. The conclusions presented are my own opinion and come from personal research, and my own life. I am currently 75 and expect to be here for another 30 years. This paper provides only beginning search results or ideas which I found of interest, and does not cover all areas, or possible cures. In fact, some suggestions may be incorrect, or ineffective in specific cases, or even generally. Any supplier mentioned has not been checked, is provided only to give further details on a point being made, and does not constitute a recommendation in any form.
Websites at the bottom of this page are maintained by individuals who have overcome MRSA successfully through alternative methods.
2. Get sun. And I mean 15 minutes a day (depends on earth latitude and time of year) at least 4 times a week or more on a major part of your body, with none of this only arms and face stuff. Wear shorts and a halter top if necessary. And especially, do not wash those parts exposed (at least with soap) for a number of hours. The ‘D’ produced by the cells when hit with sunlight is said to sit just below the skin until it is utilized by the body. See: How to Prevent Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Naturally http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/13/sunshine-can-help-prevent-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria.aspx, and I might add, Vitamin D increases the system’s defenses against MRSA and other diseases and their hold on the body once it has appeared. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20210515.
5. Get alkaline. We get high on sugar and grains (which turn to sugar in the system), but its a cheap, short-lived, acidic high. Plus the fact that it gives many diseases just the corner of the universe they want to establish as home. There are so many articles on this that I will not belabor the point except to say, if it was me, this is the first thing I would do regardless of how hard it might be. Here is a good list of most of the alkaline and acidic foods out there. In actually, there has to be a balance, but the alkaline has to have the upper hand, even though the acidic tastes better. Read the type of balance needed along with a list of the major alkaline and acidic foods. http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm “Generally, alkaline forming foods include: most fruits, green vegetables, peas, beans, lentils, spices, herbs and seasonings, and seeds and nuts. Generally, acid forming foods include: meat, fish, poultry, eggs, grains, and legumes”, but the list is much longer.
6. Really pour on the spices. But first, buy the best quality spices you can find. Check with a health foods store or two until you are sure that what you are getting is not radiated (or over radiated, etc) and is the real thing. Getting fresh of each of the major spices, if available, is the best strategy. And I do not mean just eat a sprig or something that looks good on the plate. Really use them to provide what they can give to the body in support. See my cooking posts at http://tsingle.info/blog where I use a lot of turmeric, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, cinnamon, basil and now rosemary. In particular, you need to consider curcumin which is found in turmeric, but many other spices help support the system and are mentioned in connection with UTI and MRSA: A main factor in controlling MRSA is allicin from garlic, which may be one of the most beneficial natural antibiotics available, and can be made available by crushing the raw garlic clove, and not just eating it whole, although this may not be sufficient to provide the intervention needed. A stable extracted form may be required. There are a number of companies which provide this. I will give one which has been mentioned by independent testimony. Other spices, extracts, vitamins and minerals include: vitamin C, wild oregano oil (wild marjoram), coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper powder, cinnamon, olive leaf extract, a special strain of manuka honey which is said to be very useful against MRSA, collodial silver, and cranberry juice.
7. Here are most of them in more detail. Many of them are mentioned on the sites listed at the bottom: (Note: I have not tried any of these interventions, although I use a lot of turmeric and cayenne pepper on a regular basis)
– Allicin extract from garlic
“This is the first time in history that allicin in garlic has been stabilized. Allicin is the natural antibiotic property of garlic.” Also see: http://optimalhealthusa.com/MRSARecovery.html “Allimed capsules are effective for UTI infections and many gut disorders…”
A testimonial for Allimed http://optimalhealthusa.com/MomandBaby.html
Here is a link to the apparent source of Allimed’s Allicin http://www.naturalhealthdiscount.com/allimed?zenid=600c36c77eeb4df7dffef6332a0fdc5d
– More on Allicin: Here is a potentially very useful link on curezone which should be checked out http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1171784
– Turmeric http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/MRSA4.html
– Manuka Honey for Urinary Tract Infections http://www.ehow.com/way_5421040_honey-urinary-tract-infections.html Antibacterial Activity of Different Honeys http://manukahoney.com/resources/research/different-honeys.html Select Honey for Therapeutic Uses Carefully. The results tabulated above are for manuka honey with high levels of UMF. Not all manuka honey has UMF. That which has good levels of UMF is identified by the name UMF and its level clearly displayed on the front label. The name UMF indicates the honey has a high antibacterial component and indicates the antibacterial strength of the honey. The higher the UMF rating the greater the antibacterial strength. Higher levels of UMF ensure best results. One place to check out for purchase: http://www.honeymarkproducts.com
– pHenomenal http://mrsa30day.com/why-mrsa-keeps-returning/ pHenomenal works in the blood to reduce high acidity and normalize your lactic acid levels by providing access to much needed oxygen and less hydrogen thereby helping to re-build the immune system. MRSA 30 Day.com is where people come to get their lives back. Highly recommended by the author of ‘Blog for healing MRSA and healthy living’ site. Read the testimonials.
– Coconut Oil Coconut Oil Provides a Solution to the Spread of MRSA http://www.naturalnews.com/028139_coconut_oil_MRSA.html,
Coconut Oil MRSA http://www.inspirednutrition.com/2/The_Ultimate_Monolaurin_-_An_INTERNAL_Bacterial_Defense_-_7_oz.html
– White Vinegar for Urinary Infections http://www.ehow.co.uk/facts_5664569_white-vinegar-urinary-infections.html
– Colloidal silver news, articles and information http://www.naturalnews.com/colloidal_silver.html, http://www.utopiasilver.com/
– Holistic Remedies for MRSA http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2675613/holistic_remedies_for_mrsa.html?cat=68
echinacea, goldenseal, astragalus, garlic, turmeric, colloidal silver, olive leaf extract due to elenol acid and calcium elenolate.
– Natural Remedies for MRSA (Olive leaf extract and others) http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/natural-supplements-cure-mrsa-m-r-s-a-superbug.asp Research at the Upjohn Company, published by the American Society for Microbiology, found that the active components in Olive Leaf – elenol acid and calcium elenolate, inhibited the growth of every virus, bacteria, fungi and protozoa they were tested against.
– Cranberry juice new findings which suggest that cranberry juice, generally beneficial against E. coli, showed surprising results against Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Cranberry-juice-could-block-staph-infections.
– Cayenne pepper Take a look at reader’s responses on cayenne http://ns.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cayenne3.html
8. Do some exercises. According to all the experts, this is absolutely necessary to get the body working properly, and also for getting rid of wastes. Remember, man was developing way back when he had to outrun tigers if he wasn’t able to outsmart them.
So, start walking for a greater and greater distance each day (or at least 3-4 times a week). Set yourself an ultimate goal of 10,000 steps a day which, depending on your shape, may take some building up to. Then, there are a set of exercises while lying on your back. In my opinion, the best way to do them is on your back. There is a series on my http://tsingle.info/ main site (specifically: Part I: http://tsingle.info/exercises_on_your_back.html, and Part II: http://tsingle.info/exercisetwo.html). If you don’t believe me, talk to a professional trainer, and better yet, hire one. You deserve the best.
9. Immune System Do some research on strengthening your immune system. It is definitely improvable.
10. Stop eating (don’t read that as ‘start’) all white flour and in fact most grains (turns into sugar in the body). But white flour is the worst because most, if not all, of its vitamins and minerals have been removed, and what might have been put back is not supported by the rest which are no longer there). Grains are gluten and many individuals who have beat this thing have found themselves cutting it out of their diets.
11. Stop using most sugars except for some natural sugars (like Stevia – less than 7-8 drops 3 or 4 times a day, if necessary). See MRSA Diet http://www.mrsasupportgroup.org/mrsadiet.html Basically, sugar is the worst thing for most diseases of the body because it provides the fuel for most of the invading organisms, and in particular cancerous cells.
12. Think about the content of most modern antibiotics, etc. which are not natural foods and spices. In many cases, they are produced to kill or reduce the strength of invading or uncontrolled proliferation of microbes without worrying too much about the long term overall health of the individual, or the balance of the internal environment. They do not have all of the supporting structures which nature has provided for us in the foods we ingest. As an example, when thyme goes in there to take care of an invading species or fungus, it does it with a host of other nutrients and capabilities which actually support the body. Just look at all of the other things which thyme does for the system (go here and look for thyme under spices and herbs http://whfoods.com/foodstoc.php). Manufactured drugs generally work on the principle of destruction and may produce imbalances in the system – which is one reason why chemotherapy may not work in many instances for more than a short period of time, and then there is no need for them anymore because the person is in many instances no longer around to continue with the regimen. This is one reason we become immune to drugs. The bugs are smart enough to mount defenses, and their defense systems are in some cases so ingenious that they put mankind’s efforts to defend himself to shame. But against natural foodstuffs and spices, there is little defense which can hold up because of the multidimensional approach food stuffs provide to the entire physical system.
13. Eat and drink nothing with either Aspartame or MSG (monosodium glutamate) in it. This is the most challenging of all, because it means not eating most prepared, packaged, bottled foods, sauces, soups, prepared candies, cakes, etc. and basically anything else which has been mass produced because aspartame is cheap and MSG makes things taste good. This includes most sodas with artificial or enhanced sweeteners.
Aspartame and its derivatives under different names
Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods http://aspartame.mercola.com/. One woman’s Astonishing Experiment With Aspartame http://aspartame.mercola.com/. This is a very good video about the problems: ‘Aspartame – It puts the DIE in Diet Soda + 6000 other products’ http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=832BA9E9F234C1CB8EAC566F8F58357A
See the other side: The link below extols the benefits of Aspartame. If you just feel you cannot live without it, this will cheer you up.
But, be sure to see the Mercola and Naturalnews rendition of it.
A list of foods containing MSG has been prepared which contains those items to specifically avoid and which are considered safe. See the following: What foods To Avoid? http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm, or How to avoid MSG in your diet http://www.ehow.com/how_2337141_avoid-msg-diet.html
14. Don’t eat any GMOs. This normally puts a crimp in everyone’s style because GMO corn syrup and GMO soy is in so many food stuffs which we normally eat. If the product just says ‘sugar’ or ‘soy’ as one of its ingredients, it is probably high fructose corn syrup or unfermented soy, and most likely GMO corn or soy. If you are not familiar with GMO, please watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVeS1yIA7x0 and read this “19 Studies Link GMO Foods to Organ Disruption” http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/27/19-studies-link-gmo-foods-to-organ-disruption.aspx, “GMO pesticides linked to birth defects, disruption of male hormones, cancer” http://www.naturalnews.com/032201_pesticides_birth_defects.html. Also see this excellent article http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/05/05/the-dirty-secret-gmo-companies-dont-want-you-to-know.aspx
15. Soy. Therefore, do not eat soy products or products which have a large amount of soy in them as an additive or base. These soy products are GMO in most cases, and when not, the soy itself was never meant to be eaten unless fermented. In fact, before the manufacturers suddenly had a lot of soy they didn’t know what to do with, nobody ate soy. And most soy products today, or soy additives to other products, are not fermented, because fermentation is a very lengthy and therefore expensive process. If you want the whole lowdown on soy http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/diet_nutrition/SoyHazards.htm The hazards of Soy by Dr. Denice Moffat. This is one product you do not want to eat or, on a more realistic basis, eat as little as possible.
16. Do not use any oil except olive oil for cold foods and salads, and coconut oil for cooking. For olive oil, get extra virgin olive oil which is the first press and has less than 1% acidity, retaining most of its vitamins, minerals and antioxidants http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=132 As for coconut oil, use only organic, virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil has been linked to benefits against MRSA both externally and internally: Coconut Oil and MRSA http://www.hippocrates.com.au/articles/coconut_oil_and_mrsa.htm You deserve the best. After you are well, you can go back to all the old stuff and old ways which probably put you where you are in the first place.
17. The Dangers of Trans Fats, (partially) hydrogenated oils, and trans fatty acid http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=F0F548F14EFD681ED98948251D1A9A74
Read the labels – if ‘hydrogenated’ is listed anywhere on the label, it’s in there, even if the words trans fat = 0 appears on other parts of the packaging.
18. Keep all devices which emanate radiation away from you. We were not developed to withstand this type of concentrated bombardment, even though we are continually bathed in background radiation from the earth and certainly from the sun. But, as a species, we developed with these forms of radiation. We did not have a cell phone or other sending and receiving device attached to our head or our hip centuries ago, with transmitting towers within spitting distance (figuratively and something literally). So when you go out, just tell everyone that you will be unavailable for a few hours, unless you have a means of storing the device 2-3 feet from you. And you also might ask for a professional radiation reading of your home to see if in fact there are sources of radiation near or in your house which you did not know about. Also, put the computer itself as far away from you as you can. Some people have it sitting within arms length, or beside their legs. There should be a minimum of 4 feet distance between you and the computer itself. The screen can be protected with a special screen, although today’s computers are built to better reduce the radiation. But if still in doubt, a radiation filter can help. See ehow on what you can do http://www.ehow.com/how_4995339_prevent-computer-radiation.html
19. Check for radon in your home. Radon, which is the radioactive gas which exists in many different spots on the surface of the earth, may be under your house. Radon is estimated to cause about 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year, according to an EPA assessment of the risks of Radon in homes. See the following for information by the EPA of an easy and inexpensive tests for radon in your home: http://www.epa.gov/radon/pubs/citguide.html
SITES of people who have fought MRSA and won, along with a forum
Blog for healing MRSA and healthy living http://www.gohealthnow.net/?page_id=4 which is a hands on site written by someone who had 30+ MRSA boils on the body at one time, and is now clear and staying that way. Truly worth visiting no matter what type of MRSA you have.
Be sure to look at all of the pages: how to cure MRSA, cleanliness, diet, MRSA natural therapies, Antibiotics. Also, the link to pHenomenal does not work from within the site, so use this link http://mrsa30day.com/why-mrsa-keeps-returning/
MRSA-ful…Our Story http://mrsa-ful.blogspot.com/2009/08/update.html Tells the story of how a family handled MRSA. “Products everyone should have on hand when dealing with MRSA: manuka honey, manuk honey oitment, manuka oil, turmeric, ban0aids, bandages, gloves, colloidal silver, hibiclens.”
Found this great site: MRSAsupportgroup http://www.mrsasupportgroup.org/index.html which is much more focused and gives much of the above. In particular, see 6 Steps http://www.mrsasupportgroup.org/6steps.html Also, be sure to see the second page of 6 steps.
Also see: Curezone MRSA Support Forum http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=656
This is a book which I have not read. You make the decision: MRSA Secrets Revealed is a book written by a microbiologist “MRSA Secrets Revealed is the ONLY step-by-step roadmap to permanent freedom from Staph and MRSA infections”. The price would appear to be a small amount to pay for this type of information if it lives up to what the testimonials say.
This post may be reproduced and republished in its entirety including this statement (between the upper and bottom lines) without further permission. Copyright (c) May 4, 2011 http://tsingle.info/blog
Possible future solutions (Not to be tried by the layperson)
Intravenous Hydrochloric Acid for Treatment of Bacterial Infection http://www.tldp.com/issue/11_00/martin.htm
Fascinating: Check Your Stomach For Sufficient Hydrochloric Acid http://www.rheumatic.org/hcl.htm Poisonous if swallowed in full concentration: http://www.drugs.com/enc/hydrochloric-acid.html U.S. – The National Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222)